What's New for 2012
Timbersled is constantly listening to our customers and performing many hours (and miles) of testing in order to improve our products. With our first full year of having snow bike kits in the field we learned quite a bit. We learned that the Mountain Horse outperforms everyone's expectations, even ours. We will continue to do everything we can to produce the absolute best snow bike conversion kit available.
- Wider ski spindle ears enabling more adjustment in the ski trailing of the spindle for added trail ride comfort
- Steel sprockets made from heat treated 4140 Chrome-Moly steel
- EK O-ring chain
- Brake caliper re-designed to connect to the stock foot brake master cylinder or stock hand brake master cylinder (optional brake line needed for hand brake)
- Fox Zero Pro sprung shocks with internal jounce bumpers. These shocks make the suspension smoother and are more bottom out resistant.
- Hard anodized cross shafts throughout the back suspension. This reduces sticktion in all the moving parts and provides a more precision ride quality due to the hard bearing-like surface that the anodizing provides.
- 1 limiter strap compared to 2 on last year's model. The strap is wider for added strength and is on a bushing pivot at the bottom so that the strap folds in the same direction every time the suspension compresses. This produces a more precision ride because the 2 ends of the strap do not run into each other, a common problem that all snowmobile style suspensions have.
Snow Bike Features
- Kit bolts to your bike with no modifications
- Note: Most kits require a 13 tooth engine sprocket (see list below for exceptions)
- Kit comes completely assembled and ready to install
- Kit includes everything needed to convert your dirt bike to a snow bike
- Standard kit color is black
- Optional colors are available
Mountain Horse Fit Kits Year Make Model Kit Number Sprocket 91 - 97 Honda CR 500 16-SB-123 13 tooth 98 - 01 Honda CR 500 16-SB-124 13 tooth 02 - 04 Honda CRF 450 16-SB-125 13 tooth 05 - 12 Honda CRF 450 16-SB-126 13 tooth 00 - 07 Honda XR 650 16-SB-127 13 tooth 01 - 04 Kawasaki KX 500 16-SB-235 13 tooth 06 - 12 Kawasaki KXF 450 16-SB-236 13 tooth 05 - 12 Suzuki RMZ 450 16-SB-346 13 tooth 06 - 09 Yamaha 250 2-stroke 16-SB-453 13 tooth 05 - 11 Yamaha WR 450 16-SB-454 13 tooth 06 - 07 Yamaha YZF 450 16-SB-454 13 tooth 08 - 09 Yamaha YZF 450 16-SB-455 13 tooth 10 - 11 Yamaha YZF 450 16-SB-456 13 tooth 02 - 04 KTM 400 SX 16-SB-563 13 tooth 07 - 10 KTM 450/505 SXF/XCF 16-SB-564 13 tooth 03 - 12 KTM 450-530 EXC/XCW 16-SB-566 13 tooth 07 - 10 KTM 450/505 SXF/XCF 16-SB-564 13 tooth 08 - 11 KTM 300 2-stroke 16-SB-567 12 tooth 09 - 11 KTM 690 R 16-SB-568 * 15 tooth 11 - 12 KTM 350/450 SX/XC 16-SB-569 12 tooth 12 KTM 350 XCW 16-SB-570 13 tooth 09 - 11 Husaberg 450/570 16-SB-566 13 tooth 06 - 08 Husaberg 450-650 right side 16-SB-675 13 tooth 06 - 10 Husqvarna 450-510 16-SB-785 13 tooth
- Additional Information
Technical Details No SKU 2013-TIMBERSLED-MOUNTAIN-HORSE-KIT Manufacturer Timbersled Vendor SKU 2013-TIMBERSLED-MOUNTAIN-HORSE-KIT UPC N/A Oversized Surcharge N/A