*Additional Notes: All internet prices, specifications and availability are subject to change without notice.
Contact dealer for most current information.
2017 Kawasaki NINJA 1000 ABS
Modern aggressive styling with sharp and edgy lines makes it unmistakably Ninja®. The ultimate sport tourer infused with superbike technology makes it the Ninja 1000 ABS motorcycle. From the daily urban commute to back roads and 2-up touring, the Ninja 1000 ABS offers open-class thrills, everyday comfort and enhanced touring performance.
- Sharp Ninja® Styling: New front and side fairings with harder, sharper and edgier lines provide modern styling and improved wind protection; New chin spoilers similar to those on the Ninja H2 and Ninja ZX-10R models strengthen the resemblance; New front and rear turn signals are more integrated, contributing to the modern updated sportbike image; New dual LED headlights are lower profile and feature low and high beams that offer excellent brightness
- Power & Handling: Take on the streets with legendary Ninja® performance.
- Next Level Technology: Key enhancements bring Kawasaki Racing Team (KRT) WorldSBK championship-proven electronics management technology to the 2017 Ninja® 1000 ABS sportbike. This results in precise chassis orientation awareness that helps the rider adapt to a range of typical riding conditions and scenarios.
- Engine: 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve, Liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 1,043cc
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0 x 56.0mm
- Compression ratio: 11.8:1
- Fuel System: DFI® w/38mm Keihin throttle bodies (4) and oval sub-throttles
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: 6-speed, return shift
- Final Drive: Sealed Chain
- Electronic Rider Aids: Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC), Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS), Power Mode, Kawasaki Corner Management Function (KCMF)
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload/4.7 in
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, remotely adjustable spring preload/5.4 in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire: 190/50 ZR17
- Front Brakes: Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount 4-piston monobloc calipers and ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper and ABS
- Frame Type: Aluminum backbone
- Rake/Trail: 24.5 deg./4.0 in.
- Overall Length: 82.7 in.
- Overall Width: 31.1 in.
- Overall Height: 46.7 / 48.6 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Seat Height: 32.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 516.0 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Wheelbase: 56.7 in.
- Color Choices: Candy Lime Green/Metallic Carbon Gray, Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Graphite Gray
- Warranty: 12 Month Limited Warranty
- Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional): 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0 x 56.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI® w/38mm Keihin throttle bodies (4) and oval sub-throttles
- TCBI with digital advance
- 6-speed, return shift
- Final Drive
- Sealed Chain
- Front Suspension
- 41mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload
- Rear Suspension
- Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, remotely adjustable spring preload
- Front Brakes
- Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount 4-piston monobloc calipers and ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper and ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- 190/50 ZR17
- 56.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in.
- 24.5 deg.
- 4.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.0 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 516.0 lb.
- Candy Lime Green/Metallic Carbon Gray, Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Graphite Gray
- 12 Month Limited Warranty