*Additional Notes: All internet prices, specifications and availability are subject to change without notice.
Contact dealer for most current information.
2018 Arctic Cat M 8000 (153)
M 8000 (153)
- New Ascender platform with Next-Gen Mountain body panels: The Ascender platform brings a whole new way to attack the mountain. Running boards are 1 in. narrower than previous designs and the overall profile is 10% narrower for improved side-hill performance, improved venting and ease of laying the sled over in deep snow. The revised bellypan shape allows the rider’s feet to move 2 inches further forward for even greater ergonomic options for riding. The drive shaft dropped 1.125 inches allows for a 9.7º lowered approach angle providing more maneuverability and the ability to get up and stay up on the snow. Improved fit and finish with easy on/off one-piece body panels allow easy access to the engine compartment and brings a distinctive Arctic Cat styling.
- 8000 C-TEC2 Engine with DSI: Introducing the most efficient and responsive 8000 engine from Arctic Cat. Fresh from our plant in St. Cloud, Minnesota, this 2-stroke engine features noticeably faster throttle response and acceleration compared with our previous 800, plus up to 30% reduction in oil consumption below 7000 rpm, 36% increase in low-end torque and 18% increase in midrange torque. Delivering a rare combination of increased power, reduced emissions, and ultra-low oil consumption, the overall crispness sets new standards for performance and rideability in the 160-hp class.
- 1.125" Dropped Driveshaft: Like the 2017 Mountain Cat, this 2018 M 8000 Sno Pro is fitted with the 1.125" dropped driveshaft. The increased track-to-tunnel clearance of 3" allows us to use 8-tooth drive sprockets on this model, giving you a flatter approach angle with more floatability and maneuverability. In addition, you’ll also notice a huge difference in your sled handling. This update delivers a more efficient power transfer to the snow, letting you enjoy more horsepower when climbing, carving, sidehilling and boondocking.
- Arctic Drive System with TEAM Drive and Driven Clutches: The Arctic Drive System features TEAM Rapid Response II drive and Rapid Reaction BOSS driven clutch combination for smooth shifting, optimal performance, maximum durability; great serviceability; and reduced weight. The new Rapid Response II drive clutch features a roller bearing on the shaft that enables an auto adjusting belt tension design and delivers consistent performance without manual adjustments. It also features a 12.5 percent lower effective starting ratio (while maintaining the top ratio) for smoother engagement and reduced belt wear at drive-away speed, with more evenly distributed force for lower belt pressure. It’s a design that’s unique to Arctic Cat.
- Arctic Mountain Front Suspension with Arctic Cat Gas IFP Shocks: Lightweight, forged-aluminum spindles have less surface area than the previous design, reducing drag and improving performance in deep snow. Also, dual-phase high strength alloy-steel A-arms are lighter than previous designs. Arctic Cat 1.5 IFP gas shocks feature a hard-anodized aluminum body, 0.5" shaft, aluminum internal floating piston, and high-quality seals and ice scrapers. For added strength, the eyelet on the shaft end is forged, replacing the welded design.
- Float Action Rear Suspension With Arctic Cat IFP 1.5 Shocks: The FLOAT-ACTION rear suspension’s unique tri-hub rear axle system is engineered to be very light and very strong. The Arctic Cat 1.5 IFP coil-over shocks provide preload adjustment and are proven on the hill for reliability and stability.
- Deluxe Digital Gauge: This dual configurable LCD screen gauge allows to you check all the vital information about your snowmobile and more. 14 different readings to be exact. There’s an odometer, speedometer, max RPM, 2 trip meters, engine hours, low oil light, coolant temperature, exhaust temperature, intake air temperature, battery voltage, fuel level, clock and reverse indicator.
- 12V Outlet: Need to charge your phone or another electrical device? We’ve got you covered. Just plug in and power up while you ride.
- Electric Start: This is just the thing for consistent, reliable starting. A simple turn of the key is all you need to get up and running.
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Say goodbye to cold hands. Our hand and thumb warmers provide plenty of warmth and comfort on long rides.
- 153-in. Power Claw Track with 2.6-in. Lugs: This lightweight, 153" single-ply track with a 3" pitch sets the standard for deep snow performance. Stagger-set, curved-forward paddle towers won’t fold over. This track features a powder-devouring 2.6" lug height.
- HCR-type Heat Exchanger: Proven on our HCR model for the past four seasons, this exchanger is nearly 4 lbs. lighter than full-length versions. Plus it reduces snow build up to reduce even more weight.
- Ice Scratchers: As part of the heat exchange system, ice scratchers can save the day when there’s minimal snow but plenty of ice. In that kind of riding condition, lowering the ice scrapers kicks up ice to help prevent your engine from overheating.
- Mountain Strap: Want to shift your weight? This puts the extra leverage you need right in your hands.
- ProClimb - 7 Skis: The ProClimb-7 mountain ski is 7" at the tip, tapering to 6.5" at the center. The wider skis enhance your carving abilities and prevent unintended downhill braking. A wider ski damper featuring a longer axle and bolt increases lateral adjustability.
- Vertical steering post, 4.5" riser with adjustable mountain handlebar: Want to counter-steer on steep hills? This 4.5" vertical post provides a more natural handlebar turning arc when you’re riding standing up.
- Type: 2-stroke
- Displacement (cc): 794
- Cooling: Liquid
- Cylinders: 2
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 85 x 70
- Lubrication: Electronic injection
- Ignition: Digitally Controlled CDI
- Engine Stator Output: 325 Watts
- Fuel Delivery: Dual stage injection
- Exhaust: APV with tuned pipe, pipe sensor and stainless steel muffler
- Fuel Capacity gal. (l): 11.7 (44.29)
- Oil System Capacity qt. (l): 3.6
- Coolant System Capacity qt. (l): 5 (4.73)
- Minimum Octane: 91
- Front Suspension: Arctic Mountain Suspension (AMS)
- Ski Shocks: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Front Travel in. (cm): 7 (17.78)
- Rear Suspension: FLOAT-ACTION Rear Suspension
- Front Track Shock: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Rear Track Shock: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Rear Travel in. (cm): 15.5 (39.37)
- Chassis Overall Length in. (cm): 132.3 (336.04)
- Chassis Overall Width in. (cm): 41.5-45.5 (105.41-115.57)
- Chassis Overall Height in. (cm): 50 (127)
- Track Type: Power Claw
- Track Width in. (cm): 15 (38.1)
- Track Length in. (cm): 153 (388.62)
- Lug in. (cm): 2.6 (6.6)
- Pitch in. (cm): 3.00 (7.62)
- Ski Stance in. (cm): 34.5-38.5 (87.63-97.79) Adjustable
- Ski Type / Width in. (cm): ProClimb - 7 (17.78)
- Runner Type: Single runner w/carbide
- Type of Gauge: Deluxe Digital
- Speedometer: Digital
- Tachometer: Digital
- Odometer: Digital
- Fuel: Digital
- Oil: Indicator Light
- Coolant: Digital/Indicator Light
- Clock: Digital
- Altimeter: Digital
- Hours: Digital
- 12V Outlet: Standard
- Electric Start: Standard on SE models
- Front Bumper: Sport
- Goggle Holder: Accessory
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Hand Guards: Accessory
- HCR-type Heat Exchanger: Standard
- Headlights: Dual halogen 2-bulb
- Ice Scratchers: Standard
- Lightweight Brake Disc: Standard
- Mirrors: Accessory
- Mountain Strap: Standard
- Rear Rack: Accessory
- Rear Storage: Mountain Storage Bag
- Seat: Lightweight Mountain
- Side Panel Wind Deflectors: Accessory
- Sno Pro Brake Lever: Accessory
- Steering: Vertical steering post, 4.5 in. (11.43 cm) riser with adjustable mountain handlebar
- Tether Switch: Accessory
- Tow Hitch: Accessory
- Tunnel Flare: Accessory
- Visor Plug-ins: Accessory
- Windshield: 3 in. Mountain-height
- Drive Clutch: TEAM Rapid Response II
- Driven Clutch: TEAM Rapid Reaction BOSS
- Drive System: Arctic Mountain Drive System
- Brakes: Race radial master cylinder hydraulic brake
- Clutch Calibration ft. (m): 6,000-8,000
- Gearing: 19/50
- Chain Pitch: 96
- Reverse: Push-button Engine
- Team Arctic Green
NOTES:Specifications Subject To Change
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 85 x 70 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Dual stage injection
- Digitally Controlled CDI
- APV with tuned pipe, pipe sensor and stainless steel muffler
- Brake Type
- Race radial master cylinder hydraulic brake
- Drive Clutch
- TEAM Rapid Response II
- Driven Clutch
- TEAM Rapid Reaction BOSS
- Front Suspension
- Front Suspension: Arctic Mountain Suspension (AMS); Ski Shocks: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5; Front Track Shock: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Front Travel
- 7 in. (17.78 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Suspension: FLOAT-ACTION Rear Suspension; Rear Track Shock: Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
- Rear Travel
- 15.5 in. (39.37 cm)
- Ski Type
- ProClimb - 7 in. (17.78 cm)
- Ski Stance
- 34.5-38.5 in. (87.63-97.79 cm) Adjustable
- Track Type
- Power Claw
- Track Dimensions
- 15 in. (38.1 cm) x 153 in. (388.62 cm) x 2.6 in. (6.6 cm)
- Dual halogen 2-bulb
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.7 gal. (44.29 L)
- 3 in. Mountain-height
- Team Arctic Green
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Push-Button Engine