2018 Honda XR650L
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
The Honda XR650L is the picture of versatility. Off-road, it dominates the trail with the right combination of power, suspension and durability. And when you’re on the road, its light overall weight, electric starter and excellent fuel efficiency make it great for commuting or even long trips.
While the all-new graphics for 2018 will catch the eye, what really sets the XR650L apart is its ultra-tough 644cc overhead cam engine that has torque and power to spare. And because it’s air-cooled, it’s easy to maintain. Plus, the engine’s gear-driven counterbalancer reduces tiring vibrations, so you can ride comfortably for hours on end.
Monster trail or monster commute, the XR650L has got you covered.
Electric from the first moment on: Rocky uphill section? Stop-and-go traffic? No problem. Starting on the XR650L is easy, thanks to the push-button electric starter with an automatic decompression system. You’ll appreciate it on any terrain.
Tough. Like you’d expect from a Honda: The XR650L is designed to be tougher than the trail with rugged construction, sturdy steel frame, and simple air-cooling. And as a commuter, it’s a beast too.
- Steel Frame: The XR650L’s steel frame is designed to handle the intensity of off-road travel. Plus, the frame’s backbone doubles as the engine’s oil tank, saving weight and space.
- Street-Legal Features: Fully equipped for the street—including turn signals, license-plate light, mirrors, speedometer and more. There’s even a grab strap and footpegs for a passenger.
- Electric Starter: Adventure is just the push of a button away. The XR650L’s electric starter takes all the drama out of restarting off-road, or getting underway on a cold morning or after the bike’s been sitting all week.
- Disc Brakes: Front- and rear-disc brakes provide superior stopping power. Both front and rear disc rotors are drilled for lightness and better wet-weather performance.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: Honda’s Pro-Link® rear suspension system offers compliant and comfortable ride quality with a high level of wheel control. Initial rates are soft for supple action over small bumps and ripples, while increasingly stiffer rates resist bottoming and maintain rear-wheel control over rougher surfaces.
- Four-Stroke Engine: The XR650L’s four-stroke, single-cylinder engine offers good fuel efficiency and a wide powerband. In addition, its proven powerplant requires very little maintenance.
- Dry-Sump Lubrication: The XR’s dry-sump design keeps the engine compact and eliminates the oil pan for superior ground clearance and damage resistance. With the engine oil in the frame, the frame itself acts like a giant oil cooler.
- Passenger Ready: With a passenger grab strap, folding passenger pegs, a long MX-style seat and plenty of Honda power, the XR650L lets you carry a passenger with ease.
- Sealed Battery: No maintenance hassles here, even in case of an off-road tip over. The sealed battery has plenty of cranking power for the electric starter, and is well protected from the vibrations of off-road riding.
- Long-Travel Front Suspension: With a full 11.6 inches of travel, the air-adjustable 43mm fork also offers 16-position compression damping adjustability, letting you fine-tune it to deal with the bumps of off-road riding.
- 21-Inch Front Wheel: The 21-inch front wheel gives you a wide choice of tire selection for different riding conditions.
- 18-Inch Rear Wheel: The 18-inch rear wheel gives you a better overall ride and more sidewall protection against flats, and still offers a wide choice of on- or off-road tires.
- Engine Type: 644cc air-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 100 mm x 82 mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four-valve RFVC™
- Induction: 42.5 mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor
- Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/45T
- Front Suspension: 43 mm air-adjustable axle Showa® cartridge fork with 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 11.6-in. of travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® Showa single-shock with spring-preload, 20-position compression- and 20-position rebound-damping adjustability; 11.0-in. travel
- Front Brake: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single disc
- Front Tire: 3.00-21
- Rear Tire: 4.60-18
- Rake: 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 102 mm (4.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 57.3 in.
- Seat Height: 37.0 in.
- Curb Weight: 346 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.8 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Miles Per Gallon: 52 MPG - Miles per gal. values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Available Colors: Red
- Model ID: XR650L
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resource Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 mm x 82 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 42.5 mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor
- Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/45T
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm air-adjustable axle Showa® cartridge fork with 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 11.6-in. of travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® Showa single-shock with spring-preload, 20-position compression- and 20-position rebound-damping adjustability; 11.0-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 57.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.0 in.
- 27.0 deg.
- 102 mm (4.0 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.8 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- 52 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 346 lb.
- One year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan